The Opposite(Antonym) of “nondefiance”
The antonyms of nondefiance are defiance and resistance. These words convey a sense of opposition or refusal to comply with authority or rules.
Explore all Antonyms of “nondefiance”
Definitions and Examples of defiance, resistance
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Open resistance; bold disobedience.
The student showed defiance by refusing to follow the teacher's instructions.
The act of opposing or withstanding something; refusal to accept or comply with something.
The workers organized a resistance movement to protest against the company's unfair policies.
Key Differences: defiance vs resistance
- 1Defiance implies a bold and open act of disobedience or rebellion.
- 2Resistance is a more general term that describes any act of opposing or withstanding something, whether it is done openly or covertly.
Effective Usage of defiance, resistance
- 1Politics: Use defiance or resistance to describe political movements or protests against authority.
- 2Education: Use defiance to describe students who refuse to follow rules or instructions.
- 3Psychology: Use resistance to describe the act of opposing or withstanding negative thoughts or emotions.
The antonyms defiance and resistance convey a sense of opposition or refusal to comply with authority or rules. Defiance implies a bold and open act of disobedience, while resistance is a more general term that describes any act of opposing or withstanding something. These words can be used in various contexts, such as politics, education, or psychology.