The Opposite(Antonym) of “nondiffused”
The antonyms of nondiffused are diffused, dispersed, and spread out. These words describe the opposite of something that is concentrated or focused in one area. They convey the idea of something being spread out or scattered.
Definitions and Examples of diffused, dispersed, spread out
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Spread out over a large area; not concentrated in one place.
The light from the lamp was diffused throughout the room, creating a warm and cozy atmosphere.
Scattered or spread out over a wide area.
The protesters were dispersed by the police, who used tear gas to break up the crowd.
Key Differences: diffused vs dispersed vs spread out
- 1Diffused refers to something that is spread out over a large area, but it can also imply a sense of softness or gentleness.
- 2Dispersed suggests something that has been scattered or separated from a central point.
- 3Spread out is a verb that describes the action of extending something over a large area.
Effective Usage of diffused, dispersed, spread out
- 1Describing Light: Use diffused to describe light that is spread out and soft.
- 2Talking About Crowds: Use dispersed to describe crowds that have been broken up or scattered.
- 3Describing Objects: Use spread out to describe objects that have been extended over a large area.
The antonyms of nondiffused describe something that is spread out or scattered. Diffused suggests a soft or gentle spread, dispersed implies separation from a central point, and spread out is a verb that describes the action of extending something over a large area. Use these words to describe light, crowds, and objects that are spread out.