The Opposite(Antonym) of “nonfeatured”
The antonym of nonfeatured is featured, promoted, and highlighted. The antonyms featured, promoted, and highlighted convey a positive or preferred status. It implies that something or someone is given special attention, recognition, or prominence.
Definitions and Examples of featured, promoted, highlighted
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Given special attention, recognition, or prominence.
The featured artist of the month had her paintings displayed in the gallery's main hall.
Elevated to a higher rank, position, or status.
After years of hard work, he was finally promoted to the position of manager.
Emphasized or made more noticeable.
The speaker highlighted the importance of teamwork in achieving success.
Key Differences: featured vs promoted vs highlighted
- 1Featured implies that something or someone is given special attention, recognition, or prominence.
- 2Promoted suggests that someone has been elevated to a higher rank, position, or status.
- 3Highlighted means that something has been emphasized or made more noticeable.
Effective Usage of featured, promoted, highlighted
- 1Marketing: Use featured to promote products or services that are given special attention or recognition.
- 2Career Development: Use promoted to describe someone who has been elevated to a higher rank or position.
- 3Presentations: Use highlighted to emphasize key points or ideas in presentations or speeches.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Featured conveys special attention or recognition, promoted suggests elevation to a higher rank or position, and highlighted emphasizes or makes something more noticeable. Use these words in marketing, career development, and presentations to convey positive or preferred status.