The Opposite(Antonym) of “nonimmunized”
The antonyms of nonimmunized are immunized and vaccinated. The antonyms immunized and vaccinated convey a positive state of being protected against diseases. It implies that the person has received a vaccine or has developed immunity to a specific disease.
Definitions and Examples of immunized, vaccinated
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having received a vaccine or developed immunity to a specific disease.
The children were immunized against measles, mumps, and rubella at an early age.
Having received a vaccine to prevent a specific disease.
The healthcare workers were vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect themselves and their patients.
Key Differences: immunized vs vaccinated
- 1Immunized refers to having developed immunity to a specific disease, either through vaccination or previous exposure.
- 2Vaccinated specifically refers to having received a vaccine to prevent a specific disease.
Effective Usage of immunized, vaccinated
- 1Healthcare: Use immunized and vaccinated to describe the status of patients and healthcare workers.
- 2Education: Use these antonyms in discussions about public health and vaccination programs.
- 3Travel: Some countries require proof of immunization or vaccination for certain diseases before allowing entry.
The antonyms immunized and vaccinated convey a positive state of being protected against diseases. Use these words in healthcare, education, and travel contexts to describe the status of individuals and discuss public health and vaccination programs.