The Opposite(Antonym) of “nonintention”
The antonyms of nonintention are intention, purpose, and design. These words convey the idea of having a specific aim or goal in mind, as opposed to something that happens by chance or without any deliberate planning.
Definitions and Examples of intention, purpose, design
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A plan or purpose that guides one's actions or decisions.
She had every intention of finishing her work on time, but unexpected circumstances got in the way.
The reason for which something is done or created; the aim or intention behind an action or object.
The purpose of this meeting is to discuss our progress and plan our next steps.
The process of planning and creating something with a specific purpose or function in mind.
The design of this building is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Key Differences: intention vs purpose vs design
- 1Intention refers to a plan or purpose that guides one's actions or decisions.
- 2Purpose refers to the reason for which something is done or created.
- 3Design refers to the process of planning and creating something with a specific purpose or function in mind.
Effective Usage of intention, purpose, design
- 1Clarify Meaning: Use these antonyms to distinguish between actions or events that happen by chance and those that are planned or intentional.
- 2Express Intentions: Use intention to communicate your plans or goals to others.
- 3Describe Objects: Use purpose and design to describe the function and appearance of objects.
The antonyms intention, purpose, and design convey the idea of having a specific aim or goal in mind. Use these words to clarify meaning, express intentions, and describe objects.