Definitions and Examples of matrimonial, married
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to marriage or the relationship between spouses.
The couple decided to seek matrimonial counseling to work on their communication issues.
Being in a legally recognized union with a spouse.
After dating for five years, they finally got married in a beautiful ceremony.
Key Differences: matrimonial vs married
- 1Matrimonial is an adjective that describes anything related to marriage or the relationship between spouses.
- 2Married is an adjective that describes the state of being legally united with a spouse.
Effective Usage of matrimonial, married
- 1Legal Documents: Use matrimonial and married in legal documents to describe the marital status of individuals.
- 2Social Interactions: Use matrimonial and married in social interactions to inquire about someone's marital status.
- 3Wedding Planning: Use matrimonial and married when planning a wedding or discussing wedding-related matters.
The antonyms matrimonial and married convey a state of being legally united with a spouse. Use these words in legal documents, social interactions, and wedding planning to describe marital status and discuss wedding-related matters.