What is the antonym of “antichristian”?
The antonym of antichristian is Christian, religious, and pious. The antonyms Christian, religious, and pious convey a positive or faithful religious state. It implies a belief in God, adherence to religious practices, and moral values.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to or professing Christianity or its teachings.
She is a devout Christian who attends church every Sunday.
Relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity.
He is a deeply religious person who prays five times a day.
Having or exhibiting religious reverence; earnestly compliant in the observance of religion.
She is a pious woman who spends hours in prayer and meditation.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Christian refers to a person who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ and believes in the Holy Bible.
- 2Religious describes a person who has faith in a higher power and follows religious practices.
- 3Pious describes a person who is deeply devoted to their religion and follows its teachings with great sincerity.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Religion: Use these antonyms to discuss religious beliefs and practices.
- 2Express Respect: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to show respect for different religious beliefs.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Christian refers to a follower of Jesus Christ, religious describes a person who has faith in a higher power, and pious describes a person who is deeply devoted to their religion. Use these words to discuss religion, express respect for different beliefs, and enrich your vocabulary.