The Opposite(Antonym) of “antiquated”
The antonym of antiquated is modern, up-to-date, and contemporary. The antonyms modern, up-to-date, and contemporary convey a sense of being current, new, or relevant. It implies a lack of outdatedness or obsolescence.
Definitions and Examples of modern, up-to-date, contemporary
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to the present or recent times as opposed to the remote past.
The new office building has a modern design with sleek lines and lots of natural light.
In accordance with the latest information, knowledge, or technology.
The software needs to be kept up-to-date to ensure it runs smoothly and securely.
Belonging to or occurring in the present.
The art exhibit showcases contemporary works by emerging artists from around the world.
Key Differences: modern vs up-to-date vs contemporary
- 1Modern refers to something that is current or recent, often with a focus on design or style.
- 2Up-to-date refers to something that is in accordance with the latest information, knowledge, or technology.
- 3Contemporary refers to something that belongs to or occurs in the present, often with a focus on art, literature, or culture.
Effective Usage of modern, up-to-date, contemporary
- 1Enhance Communication: Use modern, up-to-date, and contemporary to describe current trends, styles, or technologies.
- 2Show Knowledge: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate awareness of current events or cultural trends.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and convey a sense of time and place.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Modern refers to current design or style, up-to-date refers to the latest information or technology, and contemporary refers to present-day art or culture. Use these words to enhance communication, show knowledge in conversations, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and conveying a sense of time and place.