What is the antonym of “antisocial”?
The antonym of antisocial is sociable, outgoing, and friendly. The antonyms sociable, outgoing, and friendly convey a positive and extroverted personality. It implies a willingness to interact with others and enjoy social activities.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Enjoying the company of others; friendly and outgoing.
She is a sociable person who loves to meet new people and make friends.
Friendly and socially confident; enjoying the company of others.
He is an outgoing person who can strike up a conversation with anyone.
Kind and pleasant to others; showing a liking or goodwill.
The new neighbor was very friendly and brought over a plate of cookies to welcome us.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sociable emphasizes the enjoyment of being around others and making connections.
- 2Outgoing emphasizes the confidence and ease in initiating conversations and social interactions.
- 3Friendly emphasizes the kindness and goodwill towards others.
Good things to know
- 1Social Settings: Use sociable, outgoing, and friendly to describe people who are easy to talk to and enjoy socializing.
- 2Job Interviews: Use sociable, outgoing, and friendly to describe your personality traits that make you a good fit for a job that requires interaction with others.
- 3Networking: Use sociable, outgoing, and friendly to describe yourself when meeting new people and making connections.