What is the antonym of “antsy”?
The antonyms of antsy are calm and relaxed. The antonyms calm and relaxed convey a state of tranquility, peace, and composure. It implies a lack of agitation, restlessness, or nervousness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a deep breath and tried to remain calm during the job interview.
Free from tension and anxiety; at ease.
After finishing her work, she felt relaxed and decided to take a nap.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm describes a state of peacefulness and composure, often in the face of stress or adversity.
- 2Relaxed describes a state of freedom from tension and anxiety, often associated with leisure or recreation.
- 3Antsy describes a state of restlessness, impatience, or nervousness, often due to excitement or anticipation.
Good things to know
- 1Emotional Regulation: Use calm and relaxed to describe a state of emotional stability and composure.
- 2Stress Management: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to promote relaxation and reduce anxiety.
- 3Leisure Activities: Utilize these antonyms to describe different states of mind during leisure activities such as meditation, yoga, or reading.