What is the antonym of “apex”?
The antonyms of apex are nadir and bottom. The antonyms nadir and bottom convey the opposite meaning of the highest point or peak. They describe the lowest point or depth of something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The lowest point or level of something.
After reaching the nadir of his career, he decided to take a break and reevaluate his goals.
The lowest part or point of something.
The ship sank to the bottom of the ocean after hitting an iceberg.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Nadir is a more formal term that is often used in academic or technical contexts.
- 2Bottom is a more common and informal term that can be used in everyday conversations.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use nadir to describe the lowest point or level of something in research papers or essays.
- 2Everyday Conversations: Use bottom to describe the lowest part or point of something in casual conversations.
- 3Business Presentations: Incorporate these antonyms in presentations to compare and contrast the highest and lowest points of a company's performance.
The antonyms of apex are nadir and bottom, which describe the lowest point or depth of something. Nadir is a more formal term, while bottom is more common and informal. These antonyms can be used in academic writing, everyday conversations, and business presentations to compare and contrast the highest and lowest points of something.