What is the antonym of “apprehensions”?
The antonyms of apprehensions are confidence, calm, and ease. The antonyms confidence, calm, and ease convey a positive emotional state. It implies a lack of fear, anxiety, or worry.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A feeling of self-assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities or qualities.
She spoke with confidence and authority, impressing everyone in the room.
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
The sea was calm and serene, reflecting the clear blue sky above.
A feeling of being comfortable, relaxed, and free from worries or constraints.
He felt a sense of ease and contentment as he lay on the beach, listening to the sound of the waves.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Confidence is a positive emotion that arises from a belief in one's abilities or qualities.
- 2Calm is a state of peacefulness and tranquility that is free from strong emotions like anxiety or anger.
- 3Ease is a feeling of comfort and relaxation that is free from worries or constraints.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use confidence, calm, and ease to express positive emotions effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.