What is the antonym of “aptitude”?
The antonyms of aptitude are inability and incapacity. The antonyms inability and incapacity convey a lack of skill or ability to do something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of the skill or ability to do something.
Due to his inability to swim, he never went near the deep end of the pool.
Lack of physical or mental ability to do something.
The patient's incapacity to walk required him to use a wheelchair.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Inability refers to a lack of skill or ability to do something specific.
- 2Incapacity refers to a general lack of physical or mental ability to do something.
Good things to know
- 1Job Interviews: Use aptitude to describe your skills and abilities, and inability or incapacity to describe areas where you lack the necessary skills.
- 2Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to compare and contrast different concepts and ideas.
- 3Daily Conversations: Use these antonyms to express limitations and challenges in various situations.
The antonyms inability and incapacity convey a lack of skill or ability to do something, while aptitude refers to a natural ability or talent. Use these words to describe skills and abilities in job interviews, academic writing, and daily conversations.