What is the antonym of “aquatic”?
The antonyms of aquatic are terrestrial and land. The antonyms terrestrial and land refer to things that are related to or living on land, while aquatic refers to things that are related to or living in water.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to or living on land rather than water.
Elephants are terrestrial animals that live in the savannah.
The solid ground of the earth.
The airplane landed safely on the land after a long flight over the ocean.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Terrestrial is an adjective that describes things related to or living on land.
- 2Land is a noun that refers to the solid ground of the earth.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use these antonyms to describe different habitats and ecosystems.
- 2Geography: Incorporate these antonyms to explain the differences between aquatic and terrestrial biomes.
- 3Travel: Utilize these antonyms to describe different types of destinations, such as beach resorts (aquatic) and mountain retreats (terrestrial).