What is the antonym of “arrogantness”?
The antonyms of arrogantness are humility and modesty. These words describe a person's attitude towards themselves and others. While arrogantness implies an excessive sense of self-importance, humility and modesty convey a lack of self-importance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A modest or low view of one's importance; humbleness.
Despite his success, he remained humble and never forgot his roots.
The quality or state of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities.
She showed great modesty when accepting the award, thanking her team and acknowledging their contributions.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Humility is a quality that describes a person's modest or low view of their importance, while modesty refers to the quality of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities.
- 2Humility is often associated with a willingness to learn from others and a lack of arrogance, while modesty is often associated with a lack of pretension or showiness.
Good things to know
- 1Personal Development: Use humility and modesty to cultivate a positive attitude towards yourself and others.
- 2Social Interactions: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to demonstrate respect for others and avoid coming across as arrogant.
- 3Professional Settings: Utilize these antonyms in job interviews or meetings to showcase your willingness to learn and collaborate with others.
The antonyms humility and modesty describe a person's attitude towards themselves and others, conveying a lack of self-importance. Use these words to cultivate a positive attitude, demonstrate respect for others, and showcase your willingness to learn and collaborate with others in personal, social, and professional settings.