What is the antonym of “artificiality”?
The antonym of artificiality is authenticity, genuineness, and naturalness. The antonyms authenticity, genuineness, and naturalness convey a sense of being real, true, and natural. It implies a lack of pretense, falseness, or artificiality.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being genuine, true, or real.
The antique dealer guaranteed the authenticity of the painting by providing a certificate of authenticity.
The quality of being sincere, honest, or true.
Her genuineness and kindness made her stand out from the rest of the candidates during the job interview.
The quality of being in accordance with nature; not artificial or forced.
The actress's naturalness on stage made the audience feel as if they were watching a real-life situation.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Authenticity refers to something that is genuine, true, or real.
- 2Genuineness refers to something that is sincere, honest, or true.
- 3Naturalness refers to something that is in accordance with nature, not artificial or forced.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use authenticity, genuineness, and naturalness to express sincerity and honesty effectively.
- 2Show Appreciation: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate appreciation for things that are real and natural.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and authentic characters.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Authenticity conveys something that is genuine, genuineness denotes something that is sincere, and naturalness refers to something that is in accordance with nature. Use these words to enhance communication, show appreciation for things that are real and natural, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and authentic characters.