What is the antonym of “aspirations”?
The antonyms of aspirations are apathy and indifference. The antonyms apathy and indifference convey a lack of interest or enthusiasm towards something. It implies a feeling of disinterest, detachment, or unconcern.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern towards something.
His apathy towards politics made him indifferent to the election results.
Lack of interest, sympathy, or concern towards something.
Her indifference towards her friend's problems made her seem uncaring.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Apathy is a more extreme form of indifference that conveys a complete lack of interest or concern.
- 2Indifference is a milder form of apathy that conveys a lack of interest or concern but not necessarily a complete absence of it.
Good things to know
- 1Express Disinterest: Use apathy and indifference to convey a lack of interest or enthusiasm towards something.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding of others' feelings.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create contrasting characters and add depth to the story.
The antonyms of aspirations are apathy and indifference. Use these words to express disinterest, show empathy, and enrich writing by creating contrasting characters and adding depth to the story. Apathy conveys a complete lack of interest or concern, while indifference conveys a milder form of disinterest.