The Opposite(Antonym) of “assembles”
The antonyms of assembles are disbands and dismantles. The antonyms disbands and dismantles convey the opposite meaning of bringing things together or constructing something. They imply taking apart or breaking down something that has already been assembled.
Explore all Antonyms of “assembles”
Definitions and Examples of disbands, dismantles
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To break up or dissolve a group or organization.
After the concert, the band decided to disband and pursue solo careers.
To take apart or disassemble something that has already been put together.
The mechanic had to dismantle the engine to find the source of the problem.
Key Differences: disbands vs dismantles
- 1Disbands is used to describe the act of breaking up or dissolving a group or organization.
- 2Dismantles is used to describe the act of taking apart or disassembling something that has already been put together.
Effective Usage of disbands, dismantles
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use disbands and dismantles to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Discuss Current Events: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about current events, such as political or social movements.
- 3Write Effectively: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create contrast and emphasize change.
The antonyms disbands and dismantles convey the opposite meaning of bringing things together or constructing something. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, discuss current events, and write effectively by creating contrast and emphasizing change.