What is the antonym of “assimilate”?
The antonyms of assimilate are separate, isolate, and differentiate. The antonyms convey the opposite meaning of assimilate, which means to integrate or blend in with a group or culture.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To set apart or keep apart from others.
The teacher asked the students to separate into groups for the class activity.
To separate or cut off from others; to be alone or lonely.
After testing positive for COVID-19, he had to isolate himself from his family and friends.
To distinguish or recognize as different from others.
It's important to differentiate between fact and opinion when evaluating information.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Separate implies a physical or spatial distance between things or people.
- 2Isolate suggests being alone or cut off from others.
- 3Differentiate means to distinguish or recognize differences between things or people.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate antonyms in your writing to create contrast and add depth to your descriptions.
- 3Enrich Learning: Utilize these antonyms to understand concepts better and improve critical thinking skills.
The antonyms of assimilate are separate, isolate, and differentiate. These words convey the opposite meaning of assimilate and can be used to enhance vocabulary, improve writing, and enrich learning by understanding concepts better and improving critical thinking skills.