What is the antonym of “assurgent”?
The antonyms of assurgent are descending, falling, and lowering. These antonyms describe the opposite direction of movement or change in position.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Moving or falling downward from a higher position to a lower one.
The airplane started descending towards the runway for landing.
Moving downward under the force of gravity; dropping.
The leaves were falling from the trees as autumn arrived.
Moving something to a lower position or level.
He was lowering the volume of the music to avoid disturbing his neighbors.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Descending describes a movement or position that is moving downwards from a higher point.
- 2Falling describes a movement that is caused by the force of gravity, resulting in a downward motion.
- 3Lowering describes a deliberate action of moving something to a lower position or level.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use these antonyms to describe the movement of objects in physics or astronomy.
- 2Geography: Use these antonyms to describe the topography of landforms.
- 3Daily Life: Use these antonyms to describe the movement of people, animals, or objects in everyday situations.