What is the antonym of “astounded”?
The antonyms of astounded are unimpressed and unmoved. The antonyms unimpressed and unmoved convey a lack of surprise or amazement. It implies a feeling of indifference or apathy.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not feeling impressed or awed by something.
Despite the hype, he was unimpressed with the new restaurant's food.
Not feeling emotionally affected or touched by something.
She remained unmoved by his heartfelt apology and refused to forgive him.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unimpressed describes a lack of admiration or respect for something.
- 2Unmoved describes a lack of emotional response or reaction to something.
Good things to know
- 1Express Disinterest: Use unimpressed and unmoved to express a lack of interest or enthusiasm.
- 2Provide Feedback: Incorporate antonyms in feedback to indicate areas of improvement.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create contrasting characters and add depth to the story.