Definitions and Examples of expand, relax, loosen
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To become larger in size, volume, quantity, or scope.
The company plans to expand its operations to other countries.
To become less tense, anxious, or stressed; to loosen or slacken.
After a long day at work, she likes to relax by taking a warm bath.
To make something less tight, firm, or secure.
He had to loosen his belt after eating a big meal.
Key Differences: expand vs relax vs loosen
- 1Expand refers to becoming larger in size, volume, quantity, or scope.
- 2Relax refers to becoming less tense, anxious, or stressed; to loosen or slacken.
- 3Loosen refers to making something less tight, firm, or secure.
Effective Usage of expand, relax, loosen
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create more vivid and descriptive texts.
- 3Enrich Learning: Utilize these antonyms to deepen your understanding of English language and culture.
The antonyms of astringes are expand, relax, and loosen. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your learning of English language and culture.