What is the antonym of “asynchrony”?
The antonyms of asynchrony are synchrony and synchronization. These words describe the opposite of asynchronous, which means not occurring at the same time or rate.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of two or more things occurring at the same time or rate.
The dancers moved in perfect synchrony with the music.
The process of coordinating two or more things to occur at the same time or rate.
The conductor used hand gestures to ensure the synchronization of the orchestra.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Synchrony refers to two or more things occurring at the same time or rate.
- 2Synchronization refers to the process of coordinating two or more things to occur at the same time or rate.
Good things to know
- 1Technology: Use synchrony and synchronization in computer science and engineering to describe the timing of events.
- 2Music and Dance: Use synchrony to describe the coordination of movements or sounds in performances.
- 3Communication: Use these antonyms to describe the timing of messages or actions in conversations.