What is the antonym of “atomise”?
The antonyms of atomise are assemble, combine, and construct. The antonyms convey the opposite meaning of breaking down or separating into smaller parts.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To gather together in one place for a common purpose.
The team will assemble in the conference room to discuss the project.
To join or bring together two or more things to form a single entity.
She will combine the ingredients to make a delicious cake.
To build or create something by putting different parts together.
The workers will construct a new building in the city center.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Assemble refers to gathering things together in one place for a common purpose.
- 2Combine refers to joining or bringing together two or more things to form a single entity.
- 3Construct refers to building or creating something by putting different parts together.
Good things to know
- 1In Construction: Use assemble, combine, and construct when talking about building or creating something.
- 2In Manufacturing: Use these antonyms when discussing the process of making products from different parts.
- 3In Science: Use these words when discussing the properties of matter and how they can be manipulated.
The antonyms assemble, combine, and construct convey the opposite meaning of breaking down or separating into smaller parts. Use these words in construction, manufacturing, and science contexts to describe the process of building, creating, and manipulating matter.