What is the antonym of “awakens”?
The antonyms of awakens are lull, sedate, and calm. These words convey a sense of quietness, stillness, or inactivity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To soothe or calm someone or something, often to sleep.
The sound of the rain lulled him to sleep.
Calm, composed, and unhurried; not agitated or excited.
The atmosphere in the library was sedate and peaceful.
Free from agitation, excitement, or disturbance; peaceful and tranquil.
The ocean was calm and serene, with no waves or wind.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Lull implies a soothing effect that leads to sleep or relaxation.
- 2Sedate describes a state of calmness, composure, and unhurriedness.
- 3Calm refers to a peaceful and tranquil state, free from agitation or disturbance.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to create vivid descriptions of settings and characters.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Incorporate these words into your daily conversations to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Express Emotions: Use these words to describe your emotions and feelings accurately.
The antonyms of awakens are lull, sedate, and calm. Each word has a distinct meaning: lull implies a soothing effect, sedate describes a state of calmness, and calm refers to a peaceful and tranquil state. Use these words to enhance your writing, improve your vocabulary, and express your emotions accurately.