What is the antonym of “babyish”?
The antonyms of babyish are mature, grown-up, and adult. These antonyms describe a more developed and responsible behavior, as opposed to the childish or infantile behavior that babyish implies.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Fully developed in body or mind; showing emotional and intellectual growth.
She showed a mature attitude when dealing with the difficult situation.
Having reached full physical and mental development; behaving in a responsible and adult manner.
He acted like a grown-up and took responsibility for his actions.
Fully developed and mature; characteristic of or suitable for grown-ups.
The movie was not appropriate for children, as it contained adult themes.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Mature describes a person who has developed emotionally and intellectually.
- 2Grown-up describes a person who behaves in a responsible and adult manner.
- 3Adult describes something that is characteristic of or suitable for grown-ups.
Good things to know
- 1Professional Settings: Use mature, grown-up, and adult to describe professional behavior.
- 2Parenting: Use these antonyms to encourage children to behave in a more responsible and mature way.
- 3Education: Incorporate these antonyms in language learning to expand vocabulary and improve communication skills.
The antonyms of babyish describe a more developed and responsible behavior. Mature describes emotional and intellectual growth, grown-up describes responsible behavior, and adult describes something that is characteristic of grown-ups. Use these antonyms in professional settings, parenting, and education to encourage responsible behavior and improve communication skills.