What is the antonym of “baffling”?
The antonyms of baffling are clear, understandable, and comprehensible. These words describe something that is easy to understand, straightforward, or not confusing.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Easy to perceive, understand, or interpret.
The instructions were clear and concise, making it easy for everyone to follow.
Able to be comprehended or grasped mentally; intelligible.
Her explanation was so simple and straightforward that it was understandable even for beginners.
Able to be understood; intelligible.
The scientific paper was written in a way that was comprehensible to both experts and non-experts.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clear implies that something is easy to perceive or understand without any confusion.
- 2Understandable suggests that something can be grasped mentally, even if it may require some effort.
- 3Comprehensible means that something is able to be understood, but it may require more effort or knowledge.
Good things to know
- 1Clarify Information: Use clear, understandable, and comprehensible to explain complex ideas or instructions.
- 2Express Frustration: Use these antonyms to express frustration when something is not clear or understandable.
- 3Encourage Learning: Use these words to encourage learners to ask questions and seek clarification.
The antonyms of baffling are clear, understandable, and comprehensible. Use these words to clarify information, express frustration, and encourage learning. Remember that clear implies ease of understanding, understandable suggests mental graspability, and comprehensible means that something can be understood with effort.