What is the antonym of “balletic”?
The antonyms of balletic are awkward, clumsy, and ungainly. These words describe a lack of grace, coordination, and elegance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking skill or dexterity; causing difficulty or discomfort.
He felt awkward and out of place at the fancy dinner party.
Lacking grace or coordination; awkward in movement or handling.
She was so clumsy that she tripped and fell on the dance floor.
Awkward or clumsy in movement or appearance; lacking ease or elegance.
The elephant's ungainly gait made it difficult for it to move quickly.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Awkward implies a lack of skill or dexterity, which can cause discomfort or difficulty.
- 2Clumsy describes a lack of grace or coordination in movement or handling.
- 3Ungainly suggests a lack of ease or elegance in movement or appearance.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Movement: Use these antonyms to describe how someone moves or performs an action.
- 2Critiquing Performance: Use these antonyms to critique a performance or skill.
- 3Characterizing People: Use these antonyms to describe people's physical abilities or appearance.