What is the antonym of “bashful”?
The antonyms of bashful are bold, confident, and outgoing. The antonyms bold, confident, and outgoing convey a positive or assertive emotional state. It implies a lack of shyness, hesitation, or timidity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing an ability to take risks; confident and courageous.
She was bold enough to speak up in front of the entire class.
Feeling sure of oneself and one's abilities; self-assured.
He felt confident about his presentation and delivered it flawlessly.
Friendly and sociable; enjoying the company of others.
She is an outgoing person who loves to meet new people and make friends.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Bold is a term that describes a willingness to take risks and be assertive.
- 2Confident is a term that describes a belief in oneself and one's abilities.
- 3Outgoing is a term that describes a sociable and friendly personality.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use bold, confident, and outgoing to express assertiveness effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create dynamic characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Bold conveys a willingness to take risks, confident denotes belief in oneself, and outgoing refers to a sociable personality. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich storytelling by creating dynamic characters and compelling narratives.