What is the antonym of “beating”?
The antonyms of beating are victory and winning. The antonyms victory and winning convey a positive outcome or success. It implies that someone has achieved their goal or emerged as the winner.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A successful outcome in a contest, battle, or struggle.
After a hard-fought game, the team celebrated their victory with cheers and high-fives.
Achieving success or victory; being the winner.
Her winning performance in the competition earned her a gold medal.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Victory is a noun that describes the successful outcome of a contest or struggle.
- 2Winning is an adjective that describes achieving success or being the winner.
Good things to know
- 1Sports: Use victory and winning to describe the outcome of a game or competition.
- 2Politics: Incorporate these antonyms in political speeches to emphasize the importance of winning.
- 3Business: Utilize these antonyms in business contexts to describe the success of a project or venture.