What is the antonym of “belligerency”?
The antonyms of belligerency are friendliness and amity. The antonyms friendliness and amity convey a positive and peaceful emotional state. It implies a lack of hostility, aggression, or conflict.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being kind, helpful, and affable towards others.
The friendliness of the locals made the tourists feel welcome and comfortable.
A friendly and peaceful relationship between individuals, groups, or nations.
The signing of the peace treaty marked the beginning of a new era of amity and cooperation between the two countries.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Friendliness is a general term that describes a quality of being kind, helpful, and affable towards others.
- 2Amity is a more specific term that describes a friendly and peaceful relationship between individuals, groups, or nations.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use friendliness and amity to express positive emotions effectively.
- 2Show Diplomacy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate a peaceful and cooperative attitude.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories with positive themes.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Friendliness conveys a general quality of being kind and helpful, while amity refers to a friendly and peaceful relationship between individuals, groups, or nations. Use these words to enhance communication, show diplomacy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives with positive themes.