What is the antonym of “berserk”?
The antonyms of berserk are calm and composed. The antonyms calm and composed convey a state of tranquility, self-control, and composure. It implies a lack of agitation, frenzy, or chaos.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a deep breath to stay calm before her job interview.
Having one's feelings and expression under control; calm.
Despite the pressure, he remained composed and focused during the final exam.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm refers to a state of peacefulness and absence of strong emotions.
- 2Composed describes a state of having one's feelings and expression under control.
- 3Berserk refers to a state of wild, uncontrolled behavior.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use calm and composed to describe a person's demeanor or behavior in a positive light.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding and respect for different emotional states.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create contrasting characters and situations.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Calm refers to a state of peacefulness, composed describes a state of having one's feelings and expression under control, while berserk refers to a state of wild, uncontrolled behavior. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating contrasting characters and situations.