What is the antonym of “bidirectional”?
The antonyms of bidirectional are unidirectional and one-way. These words describe the directionality of something, whether it goes in one direction or both directions.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Moving or operating in a single direction.
The flow of traffic on this road is unidirectional, meaning it only goes in one direction.
Moving or allowing movement in only one direction.
This street is one-way, so you can only drive in one direction.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unidirectional refers to something that moves or operates in a single direction.
- 2One-way refers to something that allows movement in only one direction.
Good things to know
- 1In Traffic: Use unidirectional and one-way to describe the flow of traffic on roads and streets.
- 2In Technology: Use bidirectional to describe devices or systems that can send and receive data in both directions.
- 3In Communication: Use these antonyms to describe the directionality of communication channels, such as phone calls or emails.
The antonyms unidirectional and one-way describe things that move or operate in a single direction, while bidirectional describes things that can go in both directions. Use these words to describe traffic flow, technology, and communication channels.