What is the antonym of “bleared”?
The antonyms of bleared are clear and sharp. The antonyms clear and sharp convey a state of clarity, sharpness, and precision. They imply a lack of blurriness, haziness, or dullness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Easy to perceive, understand, or interpret; not blurred or obscure.
The instructions were clear and concise, making it easy to assemble the furniture.
Having a thin edge or point that can cut or pierce easily; keenly perceptive or intelligent.
The chef's knife was sharp enough to slice through the meat with ease.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clear refers to something that is easy to perceive, understand, or interpret, while sharp refers to something that has a thin edge or point that can cut or pierce easily.
- 2Clear implies a lack of blurriness or obscurity, while sharp implies a high degree of precision or intelligence.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use clear and sharp to describe things that are easy to understand or precise.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and avoid repetition.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Clear conveys ease of perception, while sharp denotes precision and intelligence. Use these words to enhance communication, improve writing, and enrich vocabulary.