What is the antonym of “blench”?
The antonyms of blench are face, confront, and meet. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of blench, which is to avoid or flinch from something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To confront or deal with a difficult situation or person directly.
She decided to face her fears and go bungee jumping.
To face or challenge someone or something in a direct and assertive way.
He had to confront his boss about the unfair treatment he received at work.
To come into contact or encounter someone or something.
She was excited to meet her favorite celebrity at the book signing event.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Face implies confronting a difficult situation or person head-on.
- 2Confront suggests challenging someone or something in a direct and assertive way.
- 3Meet simply means coming into contact or encountering someone or something.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express different degrees of confrontation or avoidance.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your writing.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in books and articles to understand the context better.
The antonyms of blench are face, confront, and meet. Use face to confront a difficult situation, confront to challenge someone or something directly, and meet to encounter someone or something. Incorporate these antonyms to enhance communication, improve vocabulary, and enrich reading.