What is the antonym of “blitz”?
The antonyms of blitz are defense and retreat. The antonym defense refers to a strategy of protecting oneself from an attack, while retreat means to withdraw or move back from a position.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The action of defending oneself or others from harm or danger.
The team's strong defense prevented the opposing team from scoring any goals.
To withdraw or move back from a position or situation.
The soldiers were ordered to retreat when they realized they were outnumbered.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Defense is a proactive strategy that involves protecting oneself or others from harm.
- 2Retreat is a reactive strategy that involves withdrawing or moving back from a position or situation.
Good things to know
- 1Sports: Use defense to describe a team's strategy of protecting their goal or territory.
- 2Military: Use retreat to describe a military strategy of withdrawing from a position or situation.
- 3Business: Use defense to describe a company's strategy of protecting its market share from competitors.
The antonyms of blitz have distinct meanings: defense is a proactive strategy of protection, while retreat is a reactive strategy of withdrawal. These words can be used in sports, military, and business contexts to describe different strategies and actions.