What is the antonym of “blurrier”?
The antonyms of blurrier are clear and sharp. The antonyms clear and sharp convey a sense of clarity and precision. They imply that something is easy to see or understand, or that it has a well-defined shape or edge.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Easy to perceive, understand, or interpret; not obscured or confused.
The instructions were clear and concise, making it easy for everyone to follow.
Having a thin edge or point that can cut or pierce easily; clearly defined or focused.
The sharp knife sliced through the meat with ease, making the cooking process faster.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clear refers to something that is easy to see or understand, while sharp refers to something that has a well-defined edge or point.
- 2Clear is a complementary antonym, meaning it is the opposite of something that is unclear or confusing, while sharp is a gradable antonym, meaning it can be used to describe something that is more or less sharp.
Good things to know
- 1Visual Arts: Use clear and sharp to describe images, photographs, or videos.
- 2Communication: Use clear to express ideas and concepts in a straightforward manner.
- 3Cooking: Use sharp to describe knives or other cutting tools.
The antonyms clear and sharp convey a sense of clarity and precision. Use clear to describe something that is easy to see or understand, and sharp to describe something that has a well-defined edge or point. These words can be used in various contexts such as visual arts, communication, and cooking.