What is the antonym of “bolshie”?
The antonyms of bolshie are compliant and obedient. The antonyms compliant and obedient convey a positive and cooperative attitude, while bolshie implies a rebellious or uncooperative behavior.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Willing to comply with rules, requests, or demands; obedient.
The students were compliant with the teacher's instructions and worked quietly on their assignments.
Willing to obey authority or follow instructions; submissive.
The dog was very obedient and always came when called by its owner.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Compliant implies a willingness to follow rules or requests, while obedient implies a willingness to obey authority or instructions.
- 2Bolshie implies a rebellious or uncooperative behavior, while compliant and obedient imply a positive and cooperative attitude.
Good things to know
- 1Workplace: Use compliant and obedient to describe employees who follow company policies and procedures.
- 2Parenting: Use compliant and obedient to describe children who listen to their parents and follow their rules.
- 3Legal: Use bolshie to describe someone who is uncooperative or resistant to legal proceedings.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Compliant implies a willingness to follow rules or requests, while obedient implies a willingness to obey authority or instructions. Bolshie implies a rebellious or uncooperative behavior. Use these words in different contexts such as workplace, parenting, or legal settings to convey the appropriate attitude or behavior.