What is the antonym of “bonification”?
The antonyms of bonification are deterioration, degradation, and impairment. These words convey a negative change or decline in quality, condition, or value.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The process of becoming worse in quality, condition, or value over time.
The deterioration of the building's foundation led to its collapse.
The act of lowering something in quality, status, or dignity.
The company's decision to outsource jobs resulted in the degradation of employee morale.
The state of being weakened, damaged, or diminished in quality or function.
The athlete's knee injury caused a temporary impairment in his ability to run.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Deterioration implies a gradual decline over time.
- 2Degradation suggests a lowering of quality or status.
- 3Impairment refers to a weakening or damage to function.
Good things to know
- 1Discussing Property: Use deterioration to describe the wear and tear of buildings, roads, and other infrastructure.
- 2Describing Social Issues: Use degradation to discuss the decline of social norms, values, and institutions.
- 3Talking about Health: Use impairment to describe the weakening or damage to physical or mental function.
The antonyms of bonification convey a negative change or decline in quality, condition, or value. Deterioration implies a gradual decline, degradation suggests a lowering of quality or status, and impairment refers to a weakening or damage to function. These words can be used to discuss property, social issues, and health.