What is the antonym of “boorishness”?
The antonyms of boorishness are politeness, courtesy, and refinement. These antonyms describe the opposite of boorishness, which is a lack of manners, tact, and social grace.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Behavior that shows respect and consideration for others; courteousness.
She always greets her guests with a smile and shows politeness by offering them refreshments.
Polite behavior that shows respect and consideration for others; a polite gesture or action.
He held the door open for the elderly lady as a courtesy.
The quality of being cultured, educated, and well-mannered; the process of improving something.
Her refinement and elegance impressed everyone at the party.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Politeness and courtesy both refer to showing respect and consideration for others, but courtesy often involves a specific polite gesture or action.
- 2Refinement refers to a higher level of culture, education, and manners, while politeness and courtesy are more general terms.
Good things to know
- 1Social Interactions: Use politeness, courtesy, and refinement to show respect and consideration for others in social situations.
- 2Professional Settings: Incorporate these antonyms in professional settings to demonstrate professionalism and good manners.
- 3Personal Development: Strive to cultivate refinement in your behavior and manners to improve your personal and professional relationships.
The antonyms of boorishness are politeness, courtesy, and refinement. Use these words to show respect and consideration for others in social and professional settings, and strive to cultivate refinement to improve your personal and professional relationships.