What is the antonym of “borderless”?
The antonyms of borderless are bounded, limited, and restricted. These words describe something that has boundaries or limitations, unlike borderless, which means without boundaries or limits.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a boundary or limit.
The park is bounded by a fence to keep the animals inside.
Restricted or confined within certain boundaries or limits.
The company has a limited budget for advertising this year.
Limited or confined within certain boundaries or limits.
The use of mobile phones is restricted in some areas of the hospital.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Bounded refers to something that has a physical boundary or limit.
- 2Limited and restricted both refer to something that is confined within certain boundaries or limits, but restricted implies more strict limitations than limited.
- 3Borderless means without boundaries or limits.
Good things to know
- 1Geography: Use bounded to describe physical boundaries of places like parks, cities, or countries.
- 2Business: Use limited or restricted to describe budgets, resources, or access to certain areas.
- 3Technology: Use borderless to describe technology that connects people across the world without physical boundaries.
The antonyms bounded, limited, and restricted all describe something that has boundaries or limitations, while borderless means without boundaries or limits. Use these words in different contexts like geography, business, or technology to convey specific meanings.