What is the antonym of “bourgeoning”?
The antonyms of bourgeoning are declining, shrinking, and stagnating. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of bourgeoning, which means growing or developing rapidly.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Becoming smaller, weaker, or less important.
The company's profits have been declining for the past few years.
Becoming smaller in size or amount.
The population of the town has been shrinking due to migration.
Not changing or developing; remaining the same for a long time.
The economy has been stagnating due to lack of investment.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Declining refers to becoming weaker or less important.
- 2Shrinking refers to becoming smaller in size or amount.
- 3Stagnating refers to not changing or developing.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms to describe the state of a business or industry.
- 2Economics: Incorporate these antonyms to describe the state of an economy or market.
- 3Environment: Utilize these antonyms to describe the state of a natural resource or ecosystem.
The antonyms of bourgeoning are declining, shrinking, and stagnating. Use these words to describe the opposite of rapid growth or development in various contexts such as business, economics, and environment.