What is the antonym of “braver”?
The antonyms of braver are cowardly, timid, and fearful. These words describe a lack of courage or confidence in the face of danger, difficulty, or pain.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking bravery or courage; easily frightened or intimidated.
He was too cowardly to confront the bully and stood there silently.
Showing a lack of courage or confidence; easily frightened or hesitant.
The timid kitten hid under the bed at the sound of thunder.
Feeling afraid or anxious about something; lacking courage or confidence.
She was fearful of heights and refused to go on the roller coaster.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cowardly implies a lack of courage and a tendency to be easily intimidated.
- 2Timid suggests a lack of confidence and a tendency to be hesitant or shy.
- 3Fearful describes a state of being afraid or anxious about something.
Good things to know
- 1Express Emotions: Use these antonyms to describe emotions related to fear and courage.
- 2Describe Characters: Incorporate these words to create vivid descriptions of characters in stories.
- 3Discuss Current Events: Utilize these antonyms to discuss current events that involve bravery or cowardice.
The antonyms of braver are cowardly, timid, and fearful. These words describe a lack of courage or confidence in the face of danger, difficulty, or pain. Use these words to express emotions, describe characters, and discuss current events related to bravery or cowardice.