What is the antonym of “bribeworthy”?
The antonyms of bribeworthy are incorruptible, honest, and upright. These words describe people who are honest, trustworthy, and do not engage in corrupt or unethical behavior.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Incapable of being bribed or influenced by dishonesty; honest and morally upright.
The judge was known for his incorruptible nature and refused to be swayed by any kind of bribe.
Telling the truth and not engaging in deceitful or fraudulent behavior.
She was always honest with her clients and never misled them for personal gain.
Morally correct and honest; adhering to principles of justice and fairness.
He was an upright citizen who believed in doing the right thing, even if it meant going against popular opinion.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Incorruptible implies a person who cannot be influenced by bribery or dishonesty, while honest and upright describe people who are truthful and morally correct.
- 2Honest is a general term that describes a person who tells the truth and does not engage in deceitful behavior, while upright is a more specific term that implies adherence to principles of justice and fairness.
- 3Upright is often used in a moral or ethical context, while incorruptible and honest can be used in a wider range of contexts.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms to describe employees who are trustworthy and do not engage in unethical practices.
- 2Politics: Incorporate these antonyms to describe politicians who are honest and have high moral standards.
- 3Personal Development: Use these antonyms to describe people who inspire you to be honest and upright in your own life.
The antonyms of bribeworthy describe people who are honest, trustworthy, and do not engage in corrupt or unethical behavior. Incorruptible implies a person who cannot be influenced by bribery or dishonesty, while honest and upright describe people who are truthful and morally correct. Use these words in business, politics, and personal development to describe people who inspire you to be honest and upright in your own life.