What is the antonym of “brobdingnagian”?
The antonyms of brobdingnagian are tiny, minuscule, and diminutive. These words describe things that are small in size or scale.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Very small in size or amount.
The baby's hands were so tiny that they could fit in the palm of my hand.
Extremely small; tiny.
The text on the medicine bottle was written in minuscule letters that were hard to read.
Very small; tiny.
She was a diminutive woman, barely reaching five feet tall.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Tiny is a general term for something that is very small.
- 2Minuscule is a more specific term that describes something that is extremely small.
- 3Diminutive is a relational term that describes something as small in comparison to something else.
Good things to know
- 1Size Comparison: Use these antonyms to compare the size of objects or people.
- 2Descriptive Writing: Incorporate these words into your writing to create vivid descriptions.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Use these words in everyday conversation to describe small things or people.
The antonyms of brobdingnagian are tiny, minuscule, and diminutive. These words describe things that are small in size or scale. Use them to compare sizes, create vivid descriptions, or describe small things or people in everyday conversation.