What is the antonym of “brute”?
The antonyms of brute are intellectual and sensitive. The antonyms intellectual and sensitive convey a positive or refined quality. It implies a person who is intelligent, thoughtful, and considerate.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to the ability to think in a logical and rational way; involving intellect.
She was an intellectual person who enjoyed reading books and discussing complex ideas.
Easily affected by external stimuli; having heightened awareness or perception.
He was a sensitive person who could pick up on subtle changes in mood or tone.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Intellectual refers to a person's ability to think logically and rationally.
- 2Sensitive refers to a person's heightened awareness or perception of external stimuli.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use intellectual and sensitive to describe people with positive qualities.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate respect for people with different qualities.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create well-rounded characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Intellectual conveys a person's ability to think logically and rationally, while sensitive refers to a person's heightened awareness or perception of external stimuli. Use these words to enhance communication, show respect for people with different qualities, and enrich writing by creating well-rounded characters and compelling narratives.