What is the antonym of “bulwarked”?
The antonyms of bulwarked are expose and endanger. The antonyms expose and endanger convey a lack of protection or security. It implies a vulnerability to harm, danger, or risk.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To leave something or someone unprotected or vulnerable to harm, danger, or risk.
The decision to expose the company's financial records to the public was a risky move.
To put something or someone at risk of harm, damage, or injury.
The reckless driving of the truck driver endangered the lives of other motorists on the road.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Expose means to leave something or someone unprotected or vulnerable to harm, danger, or risk.
- 2Endanger means to put something or someone at risk of harm, damage, or injury.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use expose and endanger to express the lack of protection or security effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension and suspense.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Expose conveys leaving something or someone unprotected, while endanger refers to putting something or someone at risk. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating tension and suspense.