What is the antonym of “cadent”?
The antonyms of cadent are rising and ascending. The antonyms rising and ascending convey an upward movement or direction, while cadent implies a downward movement or direction.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Moving or going up; increasing in height or level.
The rising sun painted the sky with hues of orange and pink.
Moving or going up; increasing in altitude or position.
The hikers followed the ascending trail that led to the mountain peak.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Rising describes something that is going up or increasing in height or level.
- 2Ascending describes something that is going up or increasing in altitude or position.
- 3Cadent describes something that is falling or decreasing in height or level.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Movement: Use rising and ascending to describe upward movement or direction.
- 2Musical Terminology: Use cadent to describe a musical phrase that ends on a falling note.
- 3Poetry: Use these antonyms in poetry to create vivid imagery and convey emotions effectively.