What is the antonym of “cageless”?
The antonyms of cageless are caged, confined, and restricted. These words describe a state of being enclosed or limited in movement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Kept in a cage or enclosed space.
The birds were caged in a small enclosure at the zoo.
Restricted to a limited space or area.
The patient was confined to bed rest for a week after surgery.
Limited or constrained in movement, action, or expression.
The new policy restricted employees from using social media during work hours.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Caged implies being physically trapped in a confined space, usually a cage.
- 2Confined suggests being limited to a specific area or space, but not necessarily trapped.
- 3Restricted implies limitations on movement, action, or expression.
Good things to know
- 1Animal Welfare: Use caged to describe animals kept in captivity.
- 2Healthcare: Use confined to describe patients who are restricted to bed rest or limited mobility.
- 3Policy Making: Use restricted to describe limitations on actions or expressions in policies.