What is the antonym of “callously”?
The antonym of callously is compassionately, kindly, and sympathetically. The antonyms compassionately, kindly, and sympathetically convey a positive emotional state. It implies a feeling of kindness, empathy, or concern for others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling or showing sympathy and concern for others' suffering.
The doctor spoke compassionately to the patient and reassured him that everything would be alright.
In a kind or generous manner; with a friendly disposition.
She smiled kindly at the little girl and offered her a candy.
Feeling or expressing sympathy or understanding; showing compassion.
He listened sympathetically to his friend's problems and offered some helpful advice.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Compassionately implies a deep feeling of sympathy and concern for others' suffering.
- 2Kindly suggests a friendly disposition and a willingness to help others.
- 3Sympathetically conveys an understanding of others' feelings and a desire to show compassion.
Good things to know
- 1Express Empathy: Use compassionately, kindly, and sympathetically to show concern and understanding towards others.
- 2Improve Relationships: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to build rapport and strengthen relationships.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create empathetic characters and compelling stories.